Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wrath of Lamb April 29/10

I'm kind of sad to hear that the Royal London Wax Museum is moving. The building needs a seismic upgrade, so they're gonna re-locate somewhere else in the city, and they say they won't return to their location on the Inner Harbour. Being a born and bred Victorian, the wax museum has always been a staple of the scenery down there. I've only been there a couple times, when I was a kid, because let's be honest, you've seen one wax museum, you've seen them all. I remember they used to have a house of torture in the basement, and it was unbelievably gory and disgusting. I loved it. It's like Undersea Gardens... does it serve a great purpose? No. But it's kind of comforting knowing it's there, you know?

When I was a kid, there were two other places on that block that are gone now. The Haunted House and Land of the Little People. The Haunted House was scary, and the Land of the Little People was stupid. It was like Miniature World, only outdoors, and way more low budget. So, I'm sad to see the wax museum go, and I just hope whatever goes in there is as cheezy and tourist trappy as the rest of the stuff around there.


No comments:

Post a Comment