Monday, April 12, 2010

Wrath of Lamb April 12/10

All right, well, Dylan and I had a bit of an argument last week about the dead grey whale that washed up on a beach in Sooke. He thought it was weird and disturbing that people would want to go and see it.

I disagreed, because I can understand how it's a once-in-a-lifetime event, and how it would be interesting and educational. Well, everyone just had to take it too far. They've now removed the whale, because people were going down there and actually cutting pieces out of the whale and taking them home as souvenirs. That is the height of disrespect and frankly, really disgusting.

Why would anyone want that?

You gonna have some guests over... 'Please, enjoy my mantelpiece... There's my bowling trophies, pictures of my grandparents, that's a jade bowl.. help yourself to a piece of candy... Oh, and that? That's a chunk of flesh I carved out of a dead rotting whale carcass that was decomposing on the beach... Okay, dinner time!' It's really gross, and I'm glad they made the decision to remove the poor thing. So, I guess what I'm really saying is.... sorry, Dylan, you were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment