Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wrath of Lamb April 13/10

Wow... I found out this morning that Roger Waters is touring this year, performing the entire 'Pink Floyd ThWall' album from start to finish, in honour of its 30th anniversary. He says this is probably his final tour ever.He hasn't performed The Wall in 20 years.He was, of course, the front man for Pink Floyd, before they broke up in the early eighties. And he's awesome.

I have to be there.

It's gonna be a major spectacle. The way the stage show works, is during the performance of the double album, a giant wall is slowly constructed across the stage, hundreds of feet high. Then, at the end, the whole thing gets torn down.

It'll be epic.

He's bringing the tour to Vancouver on December 10th. And, by a weird coincidence, it was on December 10th, 1987 when I saw Pink Floyd, without Roger Waters, at BC Place stadium. It was an experience I'll never forget. I spent several years trying to re-create that concert in my brain, using various different, uh, avenues. Anyway, I'm very excited, and now I have a concert to look forward to to cap off 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment