Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wrath of Lamb April 01/10

One of my best friends growing up was a guy named Paul. We met in grade 5 and we were inseparable friends for several years, always getting into silly trouble and having a blast. Paul had an incurable and fatal lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis, which requires daily physiotherapy to avoid infections in the lungs. I didn't know much about it then, because Paul never really talked about it, but I saw the oxygen machines and stuff at his house. I don't think Paul was expected to live long past high school.

Well, he turned 40 years old last year.

I lost contact with Paul after high school, but have re-connected with him in the past couple years... we go for a beer every couple months. He keeps himself healthier than anyone I know, but the Cystic Fibrosis is still continuing to take its toll. Paul asked me to take part in the 'Great Strides' walk in May, it's a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Many people who are closely connected with the disease believe a cure is just around the corner, and funding is the only thing in the way.

So, this is my plea for you to sponsor me for this year's walk.

Just go to http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=832002&LangPref=en-CA


Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment