Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wrath of Lamb July 08/10

So, we're hanging out in an ice cream truck this morning, and that's got me thinking about cold treats. I don't think there's a Canadian out there who doesn't have fond memories of Freezies and popsicles in the summertime. I've always been partial to the dark purple Freezies myself... I guess they're grape flavour. There's nothing better than when the bottom part gets all melted and you tip your head way back and squeeze that sugary liquid goodness into your gullet, as the sharp plastic sides of the Freezie cut into the sides of your mouth. I love popsicles, too. Orange is the classic, and always a favourite. I tried a banana one a couple weeks ago that was awesome.

But here's a question: Whatever happened to rootbeer popsicles?

They were, by far, the best popsicles ever made. But over the years they've become harder to find than Bin Laden. Once in a blue moon I'll see one at a store, and it's like I'm 9 years old again. I'll buy all the rootbeer popsicles they have, only to never see one again for years. You can get rootbeer Slurpees now, and they are delicious, but it's just not the same. So, I'm gonna get George here from Okee Dokee to help start a campaign to bring back the rootbeer popsicle.


1 comment: