Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wrath of Lamb July 07/10

Sometimes being a news guy can be a little depressing. Every day, I have to read stories about death, destruction and misery. But now that I'm a father, some of these stories hit me a lot harder than they used to. I'm talking about stories that involve children. There are a few this week. The 12-year old boy up Island who was struck and killed by a train... the little four year old girl who is missing in Saskatchewan, and the funeral today of the girl who was murdered by her stepdad.

I don't mean to sound cheesy here, but children are as innocent as you can get, and they never deserve to get hurt, or to bear the brunt of the violence and reality of the adult world. As for the boy who was killed by the train... that was an accident, plain and simple, but I can't imagine how his father feels, and I hope he can recover from it. I hope they find the little girl in Saskatchewan, and I hope she'll be okay. As for the Abbotsford girl who was brutally killed by her mentally ill stepfather, well, I hope he goes away for a very long time. Meanwhile, I will hold my son close and wait for the next story to come along about some horrible thing happening to an innocent child....

Because they always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment