Monday, July 5, 2010

Wrath of Lamb July 05/10

I wanted to give kudos to the Victoria Pride Society for putting on such a successful pride week. I didn't get to check out too many of the events.. I saw the big gay dog walk and stuff, but I missed the parade yesterday, which I heard was great. Not the best weather to be wearing nothing but glitter and tighty-whiteys, but still. When I was growing up, there was no gay pride parade. There was only one gay bar, and the whole scene was kept very underground.

It blows my mind that in this day and age there are still so many homophobic people out there. It's a very ignorant and selfish way to be, when you think about it. I hate YOU, because of the way YOU are. Why don't you look in the mirror and worry about your own damn self? Sometimes you'll hear someone say something like 'I have no problem with gay people, I just wish they weren't shoving it in my face all the time'.... Well, first of all, where are you hanging out exactly? In all my years, I've never had anyone shove gay in... my... face.

And secondly, if by in your face, you're referring to the once-a-year parade... well, it's a way of showing you they don't need to be ashamed of themselves. The fact that we still hear stories of gay people being attacked by packs of idiots is just sickening. Maybe one day they'll invent a pill that makes people intelligent, tolerant, open minded and aware that we are all in this together. Until that pill gets invented, a big thanks to folks like the Victoria Pride Society for doing their part to open our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment