Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wrath of Lamb July 06/10

One of my favourite things in life is when I get to experience something that I've never seen, that I'll probably never get to do again, and that very few people have gotten to do. Like when I took a ride in a blimp, when I got attacked by a police dog, or when Dylan and I got to tour that giant American aircraft carrier last month.

Well, yesterday I got to see something very unique. I was down at Gonzales beach with my wife and son, building sandcastles. I noticed there were an unusual number of jellyfish in the water, of all different sizes. I walked up the beach a bit and saw the biggest jellyfish I have ever seen, just a few feet offshore. It was about the size of a t-shirt, and it had orange and dark red plumes inside it. It was very cool.

A small crowd gathered and we were watching this thing, when all of a sudden a small clear disc popped out of a hole in the top. Then another one a few minutes later. We realized we were watching this big mama jellyfish giving birth to its babies. It was disgusting and beautiful at the same time. So, now I've seen a jellyfish give birth.

Scratch that one off the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment