Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wrath of Lamb June 29/10

Okay, I know I talked about this about a year ago, but I'm gonna talk about it again. One of the best live bands in the world is playing in Victoria tomorrow night. Nomeansno have been playing a unique style of jazz-punk for over thirty years now. I've seen these guys live at least like 15 or 20 times, and they never disappoint. They're from Victoria, but tour all over the world, and are HUGE in Europe. They're the kind of band where people who are fans are always trying to convert others. And that's what I'm doing now.

Listening to a Nomeansno record is great, but in order to truly appreciate them, you have to see them live. Now, if Jack Johnson is as hard as you like your music, then perhaps Nomeansno is not for you. But if you like hard-edged punk with intelligence, humour and style, not to mention bass lines that will melt your brain, then check out Nomeansno. So maybe I'll see you at Sugar nightclub tomorrow night... I'll be the 39-year old guy acting like an 18-year old punk.


No comments:

Post a Comment