Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wrath of Lamb June 15/10

You know, sometimes I seriously consider packing it all in, selling my stuff and moving my family to a communal farm in Europe somewhere. I feel real guilt sometimes about living in a society that favors consumption and waste over growth and conservation. A society where greed is rewarded and violence and humiliation is considered entertainment. I turn on the TV and all I see is plastic people doing plastic things, and then I walk outside and I see people trying to emulate that behaviour, because they think that is normal.

Well, it's not.

Mankind was meant to evolve... but we are de-evolving. We should be dancing naked in the garden of eden, and exploring the universe together. But instead we're killing the planet and we've become slaves to corporations who have convinced us we need more more more. I see people driving giant trucks, throwing their fast food wrappers on the highway, as they speed towards the shopping mall to buy another cellphone. This is not how it was supposed to be. Sometimes I really feel like giving up on the human race, and just saying 'Wake me when its over'.


No comments:

Post a Comment