Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wrath of Lamb March 18/10

So I did a comedy show with Norm Macdonald last night up in Nanaimo. It was in the Port theatre, a nice big soft-seat theatre downtown. There was a sign on the door as you went in that said 'Please no flash photography or videotaping allowed'. I guess in this day and age, those rules don't apply to anyone. I saw flashes going off all night... not so much during my set, but definitely during Norm's. When Norm did his set, I sat in the audience because I wanted a decent view. I counted three people videotaping his show. And they sat there the whole time with their faces pressed up against their little phone cams. 'Wow, you saw Norm Macdonald live?'.... 'Well, kind of. He was standing there live, about 40 feet in front of me, but I watched the entire show through a 3 inch by 5 inch radioacitve screen'. 'Plus I wasn't allowed to, so the whole time I kept looking over my shoulder in case I got caught. It's how I prefer my live comedy experience'. But I guess the good news is, is that now we can all watch a really crappy video with horrible sound of Norm Macdonald on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment