Friday, March 12, 2010

Wrath of Lamb March 12/10

I say bravo Pink Floyd.

They have successfully fought in court to stop the sale of their individual songs as downloads. That's because they want to retain their artistic vision of having their albums be one whole piece of music. And the judge agreed, so EMI has been ordered pay damages and stop selling single songs. In this day and age, it's nice to see a band with so much integrity. Anyone who has been a fan of Pink Floyd, and I'm one of them, knows that a huge part of experiencing their music is listening to the entire album from start to finish... on headphones... and preferably in some type of altered state. I'll put it this way... this song playing now is called 'Any Colour You Like'... you figure it out. So, I say, bravo Pink Floyd! Way to stick to your principles.

Now I gotta go stare at my hand for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment