Monday, March 29, 2010

Wrath of Lamb March 29/10

I went grocery shopping on the weekend. I bought a tub of margarine. We like the Becel Olive Oil margarine. Normally, it just comes in a tub, whatever. But this time the tub was wrapped in cardboard.
I looked at it, and the reason it was packaged differently, is it came with a free scarf.

A scarf.

Now, I understand when products come with some free thing, like a case of beer comes with a bottle opener, or barbeque sauce comes with a brush or something. Makes sense. But a scarf came with my margarine. I could understand a knife, or a coupon for bagels or something... but a scarf? So, I bought it, and I brought it home... 'Look what I got you, honey! A scarf!'.

She didn't seem that pleased.

I guess there's something socially unacceptable about heading out to a fancy dinner party wearing, oh, I don't know.... a scarf... that came free with a tub of margarine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment