Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wrath of Lamb December 15/09

Well, we're coming to the end of another year, so I thought I would give you a list of the words and phrases that I think should stay behind in 2009, and never rear their ugly heads again.

First...

'Sexting'... I don't really know what it is, and I've never had it happen to me, so maybe I'm just a little jealous. But 'sexting' is a stupid word, and it should be called what it really is... 'ruining you life'.

Number two....

'Green'... Just putting the word 'green' beside something doesn't make it environmentally friendly. The big corporations learned long ago that people will scoop things up if they say 'green' on them. Green toilet paper. Green dish soap. Green baby harbour seals. It means nothing.

Three...

'Lo-Jo'... this is a local one, it is supposed to stand for 'Lower Johnson'... it's a vain attempt to create some hip neighbourhood. Give it up... besides, last time I checked, 'Lo-Jo' was some abandoned buildings and a Salvation Army.

Number four...

'Bailout'... let's put this one back where it belongs... on a sinking boat.

And finally...

'I Believe'... the whole Olympics campaign annoys me. 'Do you believe'? Yes, I believe I'll never be able to afford to see any of the events. I believe the taxpayers in this province will be paying for this for many years to come. I believe it has become an overblown mess... and I believe the Olympic Games are a giant waste of time. But at least they'll be green.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment