Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wrath of Lamb December 08/09

It was 29 years ago today that John Lennon was murdered. After all this time, his influence is undeniable. Why anybody would want to kill John Lennon is beyond me. The man stood for nothing but peace, love and music. I was nine years old when Lennon got shot and I remember my mom crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said that someone that she loved had died. She assured me that it was nobody that I knew.

But as I got older that changed.

Anyone who is a fan of the Beatles and John Lennon feels a connection with his music, his voice and his lyrics that goes beyond just listening to a record. The world lost a loved one 29 years ago, and it's never been the same. So put on some Beatles or some John Lennon today and think about how we can try and make this a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment