Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wrath of Lamb December 02/09

It's really starting to seem that the RCMP are running rampant, and they don't have to follow the same rules as you and me. The latest story is mind-boggling. Corporal Benjamin Robinson was off duty when he crashed his jeep into a motorcycle, killing the rider. The Delta Police took over the investigation, and recommended charges of drunk driving and dangerous driving causing death. Those charges were dropped. Robinson told the police that he was sober, but after the crash, he left, had a few shots of vodka, then returned to the scene.

Really... 'Oh my God, I think I might have killed somebody! I better go get some alcohol on my breath and then come back'. Would ANYbody think that was a good idea? ANYbody? Especially, oh, I don't know, a COP???!!! By the way, this guy was also one of the cops involved in the Robert Dziekanski taser death. This is just the latest of a whole list of incidents where RCMP officers are getting away with, well, murder.

I know cops have a hard job, and I respect that... but there has to be some accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment