Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wrath of Lamb May 27/10



I read an interesting piece of history this morning. It was on this day in 1790, the laziest man in the world went to bed and stayed there for 70 years. His name was Jeremiah Carlton, of England. He was 19 and the heir to a large fortune... he climbed into bed, thinking he would never have to work again in his life. More than 40 servants fed and bathed him until he died in bed at age 89.

I have never been more jealous of someone in my life.

As the father of a two-year old and a guy who gets up at 4am every morning for work, sleep is the one thing I cherish more than anything. I have actually got napping down to a real science now. I can doze off for 15 minutes at a time... and in the most uncomfortable positions. So, I say hats off to Jeremiah Carlton. The guy was like 'I've got a huge inheritance, I never have to work another day in my life... I'm going to bed'

70 years... Man, Jeremiah, you were one lucky S-O-B.


No comments:

Post a Comment