Friday, May 7, 2010

Wrath of Lamb May 07/10

It was on this day back in 1824 that Ludwig Van Beethoven premiered his 'Ninth Symphony' in Vienna. It is also the birthdays of both Johann Brahms and Peter Illyich Tchaikovsky. I know we're a modern rock station, but believe me when I say classical music was the original rock n roll. If you've never really been into classical music, because you assume it's for old people, or it's boring or whatever, I sincerely urge you to take a closer look and listen. If you stick Beethoven's Ninth Symphony on headphones and sit back and relax, you'll be amazed at how powerful and unbelieveable this music is.

It will take you on an emotional and spiritual ride.

And this is music that was written nearly 200 years ago. I listen to classical music whenever I'm trying to get into a creative place... usualy when I'm writing, and it works every time. So go out and explore the world of classical music... Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Bach, Handel... they're all so great.

1 comment: