Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wrath of Lamb September 02/10

I think we can learn alot from kids. My son is quite obsessed with construction equipment, especially backhoes, dump trucks and steamrollers, which he calls 'rock n rolls'. I was playing with him in our front yard yesterday, when he spotted some construction happening up the street, in front of our local corner store. He wanted to check it out, so we walked up there... we got a popsicle from the store and stood and watched the construction for about an hour. He was completely fascinated... 'Ooooh wow... big truck... OH!! backhoe! backhoe! Ha ha!' He kept yelling out to the construction workers 'Nice job, man!' and they would smile and wave at him.

Such a simple thing brought him so much happiness.

It made me wish life was that easy... made me wish that we weren't constantly distracted by the stresses of work, bills, money, trying to keep up with our neighbours. I think the world would be a better place if we all just tried to see thing through the eyes of children.

Take a moment and smell the backhoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment