Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wrath of Lamb August 19/10

You really don't see people wearing rock t-shirts anymore. I think it's one more sign that the music industry is really changing, and not necessarily for the better. When I was growing up, everybody wore their musical tastes on their chest. In high school, you either had a Michael Jackson t-shirt, a Duran Duran t-shirt or a Motley Crue t-shirt. I had a Black Sabbath t-shirt... it said 'Black Sabbath - Live Evil', and the 'e' in 'evil' was backwards, so it still read 'live evil' in the mirror. I thought that was the coolest thing ever, like my t-shirt was a portal into hell or something.

But those days are gone.

The only people I see wearing rock shirts now, are the people here at the station. Pol has a few, and I occasionally see Jeremy wearing one. But that's about it. Oh, sure, you'll see the odd middle aged biker in an AC/DC shirt, but where are the young kids wearing shirts of bands from this decade? There used to be entire stores dedicated to rock-n-roll... they'd have shirts, stickers, patches, giant Led Zeppelin flags, zippo lighters with the Slayer logo, you name it. But these days, all I see is a sea of glittery skulls and wings with medieval fonts saying things like 'Affliction' and 'Domination' and 'Bad to the Bone'.

Sad times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment