Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wrath of Lamb August 12/10

Now, this is something I think I've talked about once before, but it's worth visiting again, because it has gotten completely out of hand. In fact, it's reached epidemic proportions in this city. I'm talking about people putting their unwanted crap out on the street, on the boulevard, and even in parks. Everything from couches, mattresses, broken TVs, tables, chairs... you name it, it's out there.

I've even seen full living room sets and a baby crib. That's a nice one... 'Hey, congratulations on your beautiful new baby, you must be so happy... perhaps he's like to sleep in this garbage I found on the side of the road. I used to think it was kinda funny, but it really has turned into an eyesore. You see it in pretty much every neighbourhood in Victoria. I think the folks from that show Hoarders need to come here and give the entire city some therapy.

It's like it's become accepted, that if you have something that you don't want, you simply leave it out and someone else will deal with it. I know some people think they're doing the community a favour, because they stick a 'free' sign on their crap. Gee, thanks. You mean I don't have to pay for this moldy couch or this broken lamp? Well, guess what? You are not Robin Hood... no, you are just a lazy disgusting litter bug.

This needs to stop. The whole city is starting to look like the front yard of a guy named Skeeter in Driftpile, Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment