Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wrath of Lamb August 18/10

So, I'm back to work after a short but very relaxing holiday with my wife and little boy. We went to a beach resort near Parksville, and stayed in a little cottage... it was lovely. On our second night, we hired a babysitter through the resort, and my wife and I went for a full-on, like 4 hour spa treatment. I had never been to a spa in my life... so I was a little apprehensive... okay, I was actually pretty scared. I pictured being surrounded by perfect bodies, all tanned and toned, and I would stick out like a fat thumb. But when we got there, we started off with a dip in the mineral pool. I was certainly not the fattest, oldest or hairiest person there by a long shot. That eased my stress right away... good start.

Then it was time for the massage.. my wife and I got them side by side, which was nice. They started with a 'revitalizing paraffin dip'. The lady stuck my feet in two plastic bags full of hot wax. It was nice, but nothing you couldn't do at home with a couple of ziplocs and some tea candles. The massage was great... hot towels, lavender spray, oils and scents and new age music. Then, to top it all off, we sat in our bathrobes and ate the best tapas I think I've ever had.

It was definitely a most relaxing experience... and then I got the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment