Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wrath of Lamb February 10/10

You ever have those moments when you say something during a conversation without really thinking about it, and it comes across as ridiculously stupid? Something that makes you look like a total doorknob?

I have two favourite ones.

The first was a few years ago when my wife and I were visiting our neighbour, who had just gotten back from Southeast Asia. There were a bunch of us there, and he was showing us a slideshow of his trip to the killing fields in Cambodia. Really intense photos of thousands and thousands of skulls. A woman at the party piped up and said 'Why are some of the skulls smashed in?' He said 'Because to save money on bullets, they would sometimes just crush people's skulls with clubs' And she said 'Oh my... and then they would fish out the bullets?'

My other favourite idiot moment was one of mine. I was going camping with some buddies and I knew were going tubing, so I was trying to figure out where to buy a large inner tube. My wife said, 'Why don't you go to the Kal Tire store up the street?' I said 'No, that store is too small. It needs to be a big place, I mean, you need a warehouse to store all the inner tubes'. My wife said 'Jason, they come deflated'.

I had pictured a giant room stacked to the ceiling with big puffy inner tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment